Wednesday, June 18, 2008

T2W8

Words used: disgruntled, compatible, eradicate, insatiable, irrational

"More photos?" Justin heaved a disgruntled sigh as his mum placed another stack of photo albums on his table. "Mum, please. I have already told you that I am not interested in these girls." Justin looked at his mum. "Well, son. You're already at a marriageable age, but you are always stuck in your office working instead of going out to meet young and capable ladies out there. I believe that we can find a compatible girl for you soon," his mum smiled at him.

"You know that I have only loved two woman in my life. One is you and the other is..."

"Pamelo."

The mother and son looked down to the ground. There was a moment of silence before Justin spoke again. "Yes. And you know that my love for her will never be eradicated."

"But it has been a long time since she..."

"Mum, my love for Pamelo will always be insatiable."

Justin walked into his room and closed the door behind him, still thinking about how his first love ended. His first impression of Pamelo was that she was a attractive, capable, yet irrational young lady. But after having several chats with her, he realised that his first impression of her was wrong and that they could actually get along so well. It was not long before they decided to get into a closer relationship.

Finally, it came to a day when Justin decided to propose to Pamelo. He could still remember that it was drizzling that day. Justin had asked Pamelo out for walk, ready to give her a surprise. "Okay, I'm going to propose any time now," Justin thought when suddenly Pamelo held his hand and said, "Justin, I'm going to the mailbox opposite the road to mail this letter. Wait here for me for a while, okay? I won't be long." With that, Pamelo gave him a smile and walked off. Little did he know that that was the last time she was going to hold his hand and smiled at him. Justin looked as Pamelo walked across the street when suddenly a car came at a really fast speed towards Pamelo. "Pamelo, look out!" Justin shouted. But before Pamelo could even do anything, the car came and the next thing Justin knew was that Pamelo had collapsed into a pool of fresh blood.

A few days after Pamelo's death, Justin recieved her diary from her family. He flipped to the last page and it wrote: Dear diary, I wish Justin can propose to me now. I don't care if it is romantic or not. I'm going to say yes.

Till this day, Justin is still blaming himself for that incident and blaming himself for not proposing to Pamelo earlier.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At June 25, 2008 at 12:38 PM , Blogger jshy said...

just a romantic and sad story. translated from chinese TB somemore. but able to put in the 5 words. tt's good! well done.
jiaxin,adeline,jilyn

 
At June 25, 2008 at 12:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

tiong ann: copy cat! chase the rat! go home let your...you should know the rest. Try to be more creative? Even so, good attempt. I love the name Pamelo. Named after "apple pie" perhaps? try translating it. Sound more natural.

jennifer: FINALLY~ Someone who writes journal entries of decent length. You must have put in quite some time for these (: Pamelo is such an original name! xD I hope to continue seeing this kind of posts from you, kay;?

I <3333 SAD STORIES

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home