Sunday, February 17, 2008

T1W6

T1W6 Journal

Words used: cupidity, the world, the flesh, and the devil, altruistic,

I have to say, cupidity had landed me in this situation. I just could not resist the world, the flesh, and the devil. I looked at the scar on my thigh, only to remind me of the incident.

I regretted for not believing my parents' altruistic intentions. They were only trying to help me because I was their only child. And yet, I thought they wanted to steal my money. I still could not understand why have I trusted a total stranger instead.

I remembered knowing him through friends. We started chatting in a group and formed a coterie soon after. "I'm thinking of setting up a business recently. Would you like to invest, maybe a thousand or two?" he asked me that day. Everyone urged me to invest. Thinking that I could trust him and that it is a great opportunity to earn money, I agreed.

I brought the bag of money and met up with him. He brought me to a cache which he assured that nothing would happen and we could discuss about the details. Suddenly, I felt something trying to snatch my bag of money. I turned, wanting to snatch it back. But I suddenly felt a slash down my thigh and something hard knocking my head. I fainted. The next moment I woke up, I was already in the hospital and all my valuables gone.

I could only regret now. From then on, I realised that I could not trust people too easily.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home