Sunday, February 17, 2008

T1W5

T1W5 Journal

Words used: paragon, accomplice, complicity, asperity, persevere

"I believe in you." Her tears rolled down her cheeks. I looked at her for the last time before i was thrown behind the metal bars. What have i done wrong? The question kept racing through my mind. People have always looked upon me as a paragon for them, until today. "Time to face the music now," a police officer opened the door.

I stood infront of the high court. Whispering could be heard. I turned around and saw her face. "Thomas Loh, you are now accused for being an accomplice in the recent kidnapping case." It was a moment of asperity, I thought, it is not my fault. I remained calm and persevered my standing of being innocent.

I did not kidnap the child. I was trying to help her instead. I was persuading my friend, Louise to turn in when the girl was kneeling beside me, begging for help. Ifelt irritated and pushed her away when the policemen came in.

The debate carried on for a long time and the whispers became louder and louder. I turned around and looked at her again. She seemed really disappointed in me. "With all the evidence we have here, i hereby pronounced that you are not guilty of complicity." I was shocked. I am free! She rushed to me, cheering, hugging me. For the first time, I felt warmth. I hugged her tightly, and whispered into her ear, "Sorry to have made you worry. I am sorry, Mum."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home